As a biotechnology startup focused on the dynamic world of biocontrol and biostimulants, we are always on the lookout for the latest industry updates and insights. We are delighted to share highlights from the April 2023 issue of the Global Biocontrol & Biostimulants Newsletter, 2BMonthly, which offers a wealth of information on recent trends, partnerships, and innovations in the field.
The newsletter emphasizes the ongoing industry consolidation, with 26 M&A and partnership deals recorded in just the first four months of 2023. Companies continue to explore distribution deals to improve market access and drive growth.
Some of the notable news items featured in this issue include:
- AMGUARD Environmental Technologies entering a supply agreement with NewLeaf Symbiotics to deliver biological solutions to North American specialty markets.
- BRANDT’s acquisition of Mendenhall Ag Services of Springfield, Illinois.
- Regulatory approval for Eden Research PLC’s new biofungicide and bionematicide offerings in multiple US states.
In addition to these updates, 2BMonthly also provides engaging interviews in its “Executives Speak” section. One interview that particularly caught our attention is with our very own CEO, François Lamoureux, who co-founded CXC. With a rich background in the music industry and a focus on technology transfer, Lamoureux shares his unique perspective on commercial agriculture and the role of biologicals.
Moreover, François offers invaluable advice on how inventors and entrepreneurs should approach and navigate the complex process of finding and securing the right investors for their technologies. This interview is a must-read for anyone interested in the entrepreneurial side of the biotech industry.
Other articles in the newsletter cover:
- The reintroduction of the Plant Biostimulant Act in the US Congress, aiming to establish a uniform process for approving commercial plant biostimulant use.
- Researchers advocating for increased biopesticide awareness to address locust outbreaks in China.
- The development of a new bioinsecticide using RNA interference to target a damaged protein in Colorado potato beetles.
To gain a deeper understanding of the evolving biocontrol and biostimulants landscape, we encourage you to read the entire PDF report. Click here to access the full newsletter and learn more about the exciting developments unfolding in the industry.